This site sprouts from our life at Good Heart Farmstead.
My husband, Edge, and I started Good Heart Farmstead, a certified organic vegetable farm, in 2013. We farm on a western slope in Central Vermont, and strive to make local food accessible to all income levels, as well as to strengthen our community through food that feeds the body, mind and spirit.
We believe that a direct connection to the land is the foundation of a healthy life, and that what we eat informs our entire beings. When we eat well, we are well.
We grow a wide range of vegetables for a CSA (community supported agriculture), and supply local restaurants with salad greens and seasonal veggies. To learn more about our farm, visit our website goodheartfarmstead.com
Why Community Supported Agriculture?
- CSAs offer eaters a way to connect to their food and directly support their local farmer, which in turn helps grow a sense of community and connection to the land.
- CSAs are the best way to buy the freshest local food at a discount. Good Heart CSA members receive a 10% discount off our retail prices.
- CSAs help make local food accessible to everyone! Subsidized shares are available through our partnership with the NOFA-VT Farm Share Program
- CSA creates a shared commitment between farmers and eaters. When you become a CSA member, you help the farm by paying for a share of vegetables up-front in the spring, when capitol is most needed on the farm. We, the farmers, then commit to you by working to feed you and your family each week for the summer and early fall months. When our relationship begins, we together make a commitment to build a stronger community based on food and a personal connection to the earth.
About the Good Heart CSA:
- CSA is what we do. CSA is our number one priority, and rather than bring our prettiest produce to the farmers market or ship it through wholesalers, we give our members the first pick and highest quality of our harvest.
- We grow more than vegetables. To us, the core of a farm is community, and we strive to grow a community that feeds the bodies, minds, and spirits of all its members.
- Our tagline, “local food for everyone”, says it all. Our mission is to make local food accessible to everyone, no matter what your income is. We hold two annual fundraisers and partner with the NOFA-Vermont Farm Share Program in order to subsidize CSA shares for our neighbors who otherwise would not be able to afford them. We donate produce to the Worcester Food Shelf weekly through the summer growing season, and encourage those who are able to purchase a “donation” share for the Food Shelf or similar organization that distributes food to those in need. In this way, we all act together to increase local food access.
What our members are saying:
“I really enjoyed getting to know Kate and Edge- they were friendly, always ready to answer questions, and very responsive to requests/inquiries.”
“Thank you so much for all the work!! We LOVED getting fresh vegetables from a local farm every week. Kids loved the tomatoes, pick your own flowers. You guys have a beautiful farm and I love we can communicate closely and you guys listen!!”
“Thank you for always being so welcoming. To arrive at your Beautiful farm and be greeted not only by a smiling adult but the cutest kid in town. It was the highlight of my Thursday being greeted by Waylon’s “HI” and his curiosity was always entertaining. Thanks for all the delicious veggies, keep up all the hard work and dedication to the farm. It truly shows.”